This vegan brownies recipe is really good. It removes the eggs and replaces them with chia seeds to create a full of flavour, fudgey brownie. If you have a few extra minutes spare, use a mortar and pestal to grind up the chia seeds into a fine flour. That way, you won’t be able to see the chia seeds in the brownies.
What you need for this vegan brownies recipe
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds + 160ml water
- 1 box of Well and Good mud cake mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 175C (160C fan forced). Grease and line a 27×18 cm square tin with baking paper.
- Grind up chia seeds using mortar and pestal until it’s a fine flour.
- Pour 160ml water into a small bowl and add chia – stir a little then leave for 10 minutes.
- Add mud cake mix, oil and water to a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Stir in chia and water mixture until combined.
- Bake 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the brownie comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan and then cut into squares or your preferred size.