This gluten free choux pastry recipe is light, airy and crispy on the outside. Perfect for eclairs, profiteroles, cream puffs and other decadent treats.
What you need for this Choux Pastry Recipe
- 1 ¾ cups (300g) Premium Self Raising Flour Mix
- 7 eggs
- ¾ cups (190ml) water
- 6 heaped tablespoons (150g) Soft margarine (or butter)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced) 200°C (conventional).
- Place water and margarine in a saucepan and set over a medium heat stirring until margarine melts. Allow the mixture to come to a rolling boil.
- Turn off heat.
- Add flour mix and keep stirring until mixture comes together.
- Pour into mixing bowl and mix on medium speed for 1 minute, then adding one egg at time for the next 1 ½ minutes; continue to mix for a total of 7 minutes until dough is smooth in texture.
- Spoon mixture into a piping bag and pipe on to lined tray.
- Set to bake for about 24 – 26 minutes or until golden brown.
The success of this recipe is dependent on the consistency of the mix. A soft mix will need a longer baking time; a hard mix will need more egg. Serve filled with whipped cream and covered in a decadent chocolate sauce.