This gluten free scones recipe is great for impromptu visitors! Just whip a batch of delicious scones, it couldn’t be easier! Serve warm with jam and cream.
What you need for this gluten free scones recipe
- 1 packet (400g) Premium Self Raising Flour Mix
- 5 tbsps. caster sugar
- 3 tbsp. (75g) soft margarine
- ¼ cup (60ml) chilled water
- 1 cup (250ml) chilled cream
- Rice flour for dusting
- Light oil or milk for brushing
- 1 cup (100g) sultanas (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 195°C (180°C fan forced)
- In large bowl combine cream, water, sugar and margarine, gently stir together, add the SR flour and mix well until all ingredients are well incorporated, but do not over mix.
- Dust your bench with rice flour, and turn your dough onto the floured surface, gently knead the dough until it comes together.
- Roll the dough or just flatten with your hands and cut to size with scone or cookie cutter, arrange closely on a prepared baking tray, and brush each scone with a little light oil for a glossy finish.
- Set to bake for 18 – 21 minutes.
For savoury scones don’t add sugar.