Use this simple recipe to bake fresh gluten free samosas and pasties. Great for parties, kids lunches and a quick snack at home.
What you need to bake gluten free samosas and pasties
- 1 packet (400g) Crusty Bread Mix.
- 1/4 cup oil (your choice)
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 egg
- 1 (10g) sachet yeast (provided)
- 1 (50g) dusting flour (provided)
- Extra oil for frying samosas
- Fillings of your choice
- In a large bowl combine water, oil, egg and yeast sachet mix with a wooden spoon and allow yeast to dissolve.
- Add the crusty bread packet and mix well to thick dough, rest in the ball for a few minutes.
- Dust the bench with dusting flour, and turn out the dough onto the floured surface, gently knead the dough until it comes together. And becomes elastic.
- Roll out the dough to about 6mm thickness; use a 15cm cutter to press out approx. 18 – 20 circles.
- Before adding the filling brush dough discs with water.
- For Pasties – Preheat your oven to 200°C fan forced. Add a large pinch of filling on each round, gently fold and crimp the edges. Place pastes close together on a lined baking tray and bush each one with egg wash. Set to bake for 21 minutes.
- For Samosas – Prepare a pan with light oil. Add a large pinch of filling on each round, gently fold and crimp the edges. Heat oil till hot, and fry each side for approx. 90seconds. Serve hot.