A simple recipe for Sunflower Seed and Passion Fruit Cake. It is a wonderfully moist cake that will be a crowd pleaser. This recipe is gluten free.
What you will need to bake a Sunflower Seed and Passion Fruit Cake
- 1 packet (450g) All Purpose Cake Mix.
- 6 tbsp. (120g) Soft Margarine
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) of water
- ½ (80g) Sunflower Seeds
- ½ Passion fruit Pulp
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (160°C fan forced)
- In a large bowl combine All Purpose cake mix, water, eggs, margarine and passion fruit pulp, and mix for 1 minute on medium to high speed.
- Grease a 23cm x 7cm round cake tin and sprinkle sunflower seeds evenly in the bottom of the cake tin; save a small handful full for the top of the cake, and fold remaining into the batter.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin, and set to bake for 55-65 minutes.
- Rest for 5 minutes in the cake tin, place on a wire rack till cool.