Learn how to make gluten free savoury pastry with this simple recipe. This pastry is ideal for quiches, pies and sausage rolls that taste amazing.
What you need to make gluten free savoury pastry
- 2 cups (500g) Premium Self Raising Flour Mix
- 6 tablespoons (150g) Margarine
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- Rice Flour for dusting
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix with a hand mixer on a slow speed until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Dust your bench with rice flour, and turn your dough onto the floured surface, gently knead the dough until it comes together.
- Allow mixture to rest for 10-15 min. and continue to knead until the dough becomes elastic and workable.
- Can be used immediately, however for best result wrap in cling film and refrigerate overnight, knead again before use to regain dough structure.
Tips: Pictured is a classic quiche lorraine, but you can be as creative as you like. Just use any traditional recipe and substitute the pastry. For those with egg and dairy allergies, meat pies and sausage rolls are perfect. Don’t forget to blind bake your dough.