Learn how to bake fresh gluten free Turkish bread that can be used for sandwiches, bruschetta, pizza or eat with a classic Turkish yoghurt dip.
What you need to bake gluten free Turkish bread
Electric stand Mix Method
- 1 packet (400g) Crusty Bread Mix.
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) oil (your choice)
- 1 ¾ cups (440ml) of warm water
- Sachet of dry yeast (included in box). If your box contains two sachets use both.
- 1 (50g) dusting flour
- Preheat your oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced)
- In large bowl combine water, yeast, oil and stir to dissolve, add crusty bread, mix with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds then on Med – High speed for additional 4 ½ minutes.
- Dust your bench with flour provided, and turn your dough onto the floured surface, lightly dip spatula in oil to scrap out any dough in the bowl.
- Lightly coat your hands with oil and gently knead dough until elastic (1-2 min).
- Halve the dough, roll out and pat down with your hand to shape.
- Place loaves on prepared baking tray, brush with water to prevent cracking and prove for 30-45 minutes covered with a damp tea towel.
- Brush surface with oil and set to bake for 28-34 minutes.
To create gluten free Turkish bread using the Hand Mix Method:
Increase the warm water to 2cups (500ml) and replace step 2. of method with following: In large bowl combine water and yeast and stir to dissolve, add in the oil and the crusty bread and mix with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are well combined, leave the dough to prove for 10 minutes.