Make a hearty batch of low carb chicken soup that only has 10 grams of carb per serve. This soup is also high in protein and fibre and only has 178 calories per serve.
- 440g cooked BBQ supermarket chicken
- 3 medium carrots (290g)
- 1 Large corn Fresh cut off cob (120g)
- 1 tin chickpeas drained
- 1 tin brown lentils drained
- 1 medium onion (220g)
- 3 cloves of garlic (32g)
- 2 medium heads of broccoli – use stalk
- 1 medium cauliflower (687g)
- 30ml olive oil
- 100g Nutalex low fat
- 100g Well and Good Low Carb Flour
- salt, pepper and chilli for seasoning
- Remove all meat from cooked chicken (and stuffing if there is any- we will not be using this)
- Place chicken bones and skin in a large pot with 4.5lt water and simmer for 2 hours.
- While stock is being made dice chicken and put in the fridge until needed. Dice all vegetables to desired size. Drain lentils and chickpeas
- When stock is ready remove all bones and skin. Add vegetables, chickpeas and lentils to the stock and cook until softened. Add chicken and stir through.
- In a separate pan melt Nutalex. When melted, add flour and cook until it starts to brown. Add some of the soup stock to this mix to form a paste and add back to the large pot to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add herbs or chilli if desired (this will not add to the calories).