When our customers learn they can’t eat gluten, one of the foods they are most upset to miss out on is pasta. We’re happy to advise no-one needs to miss out. Simply follow our gluten free pasta recipe to make your own yummy pasta that’s wheat and nut free. Ravioli, fettucini, tagliatelle can all be made and we promise you’ll love it.
What you need for Gluten Free Pasta
- 400g (2½ cups) pastry flour mix:
- 250mL (1 cup) water
- 2 tablespoons (40 mL) olive oil
- 1 egg
- Pastry flour, extra to dust
- Place gluten free pastry flour into a large bowl, make a well in the centre of the flour and add water, egg and oil. Mix with a wooden spoon until ingredients are combined.
- Dust your bench, turn the mixture out and firmly knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into three parts; you can make fettuccine, ravioli and lasagne sheets.
- For gluten free ravioli flour your workbench and roll out the dough to about 5mm thick, using a round cookie cutter cut the dough, brush each round with egg or water and place filling of your choice in the centre. Fold the dough to a half circle and firmly press down the edges to enclose the filling.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil add a pinch of salt; add the pasta and cook until the ravioli floats to the top of the pot.