Follow our gluten free shortcrust pastry recipe to create pies, quiches and tarts and a lot more. This pastry is perfect for sweet or savoury dishes.
What you need to create gluten free shortcrust pastry
- 2 ½ Cups (400g) Gluten Free Pastry Flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (100g) Margarine
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- Extra Flour for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (fan forced)
- In a large bowl combine margarine, water and Pastry flour. Mix by hand to form an elastic dough.
- Dust your bench, roll out the dough and lay across flan or pie tin, then press to mould into shape.
- For pies add desired fillings, top and bake for 19-24 minutes
- For Tarts or Quiches blind bake for 12-14 minutes.
We’ve had customers provide some fantastic feedback on this shortcrust pastry. You can create a delicious apple tart that is an amazing dessert served with a creamy scoop of homemade ice cream. For school lunches, make mini quiches on the weekend and avoid the mid-week rush of making lunches.
Use cold margarine straight from the fridge; it’s easier to work with and will result in a lighter and flakier crust.