Our gluten free savoury scroll recipe lets you bake fresh, tasty savoury scrolls that everyone loves. Ideal for the kids lunches or a tasty treat at home.
What you need for this gluten free savoury scroll recipe
- 1 packet (400g) of Crusty Bread Mix
- 2 tbsp. oil (your choice)
- 1 ¾ cups (440ml) of warm water
- Sachet of dry yeast (included in box). If your box contains two sachets use both.
- 1 (50g) dusting flour
- Margarine to spread
- Preheat your oven to 215°C (200°C fan forced)
- In large bowl combine water and yeast and stir to dissolve, add in the oil and the crusty bread and mix with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are well combined, leave the dough to prove for 20 minutes.
- Dust your bench with flour provided, and turn your dough onto the floured surface, lightly dip spatula in oil to scrap out any dough in the bowl.
- Lightly coat your hands with oil and gently knead the dough until elastic (1-2 min). Roll out the dough in to a rectangle, spread with margarine and cover evenly with your desired filling.
- Roll the dough in from the long side and slice into 8 – 10 pieces, place tightly in a lined baking tin, leave some room to grow.
- Brush with water, cover with a damp tea towel and set aside for 45-50 minutes.
- Brush surface with oil and set to bake for 24-26 minutes.
Filling Ideas: Cheese, Ham, Tomato puree or Pizza sauce & Gluten Free Aussie Mite