If you’re looking for a way to use up a surplus of feijoas then try making a gluten free feijoa cake. A dense, moist cake that’s perfect with a dollop of cream or yoghurt.
- 1 pack All Purpose Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 8 feijoas
- 2 tbl butter
- 2 tbl honey
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (63ml) sour cream
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- Line a 20cm round baking tin. Preheat oven to 190°C degrees (170°C fan forced).
- Peel Feijoas and slice into ½ cm discs. Melt butter and honey in a frying pan and add feijoas to cook and caramelise.
- Open Cake mix into a large bowl and add eggs, sour cream, water and coconut. Mix to combine.
- Place a layer of the cooked feijoa discs in the lined pan.
- Chop any leftover feijoas and mix through the cake mix with any liquid left in the pan.
- Pour mixture into the cake tin and bake for 40 minutes.
- Best served warm with a dollop of cream or coconut yogurt.