Make fresh gluten free shortbread that’s not too sweet and has a lovely crispy, crumbly texture.
What you need for this gluten free biscuit recipe
- 400g of Well and Good wholesome flour or plain flour.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 200g margarine or butter
- 5 Tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl combine the butter with the water, flour and sugar and mix by hand until well combined and the dough starts to form.
- Roll into a ball and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes, then flatten your shortbread out into a lined baking tray.
- Score your shortbread into desired shapes and gently cover the shortbread with fork holes.
- Bake for 25 minutes and allow to cool before slicing.
Best stored in an airtight container.
Icing for shortbread – 2 cups icing sugar, 6-8 tablespoons lemon juice. Mix well.