Create a thick, creamy gluten free bechamel sauce that’s perfect for your next lasagna, bolognese or moussaka.
What you need to make Gluten Free Bechamel Sauce
- 50g Well and Good Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 2 cups milk
- 50g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk (additional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- good pinch of ground nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan bring 2 cups of milk to the boil.
- Reduce heat and add butter, stir until butter is melted.
- In a separate heat proof bowl combine flour and ½ cup of milk, stir with a wooden spoon until ingredients are well combined.
- Add hot milk ingredients to flour and milk and whisk constantly, until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Add salt and nutmeg to taste and use as preferred