This is a simple recipe for a gluten free basic cake. With this recipe you can add other flavours and fillings like coffee to spice things up a bit.
What you need to make a gluten free basic cake
- 1 ½ cups (250g) Premium Self Raising Flour Mix
- 3/4 cup (250g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons (85g) margarine
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fan forced) 175°C (conventional).
- In a large bowl combine flour mix, sugar, eggs, liquid and margarine. Mix on a slow speed with an electric mixer or a wooden spoon until ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in your choice of filling. (e.g. chocolate, lemon/orange rind, mixed fruit).
- Spoon mixture evenly into a 20cm (8″) greased cake tin.
- Set to bake for 45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Tips: To make coffee cake as pictured add 2 tablespoons of instant coffee to 2 tablespoons of boiling water. For the Icing, melt 250g Sweet Williams dairy free white chocolate over a low heat and a 30ml shot of espresso or one teaspoon of Instant coffee stir until melted, remove from the heat and add copha as desired to thin the Icing. This is a very basic recipe to allow you to be creative and add which ever flavours and fillings you like. Use your imagination!