A yummy reduced sugar chocolate cake recipe that’s got less sugar and is perfect for birthday parties.
What you need to make reduced sugar chocolate cake
- 1 ½ cup Premium Self Raising Flour Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (200g) Xylitol
- 6 table spoons (1509) soft margarine
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- Mix all ingredients on slow speed, or with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Add flavour as required. For example coffee, chocolate, lemon, orange, mixed fruit.
- Pour mix into a 20cm (8″) greased cake tin.
- Bake at 160°C (fan forced) 175°C (conventional) for 45 – 55 minutes.
Tips: To make chocolate cake as pictured add 2 tablespoons of pure cocoa to dry ingredients. The chocolate ganache was made with 150g of Sweet William no added sugar chocolate and 100ml thickened cream. Bring cream to the boil in a small saucepan take of the heat and stir through chocolate until melted,spread over the cake with a spatula, and enjoy.