Follow this gluten free Christmas cake recipe to make a delicious fruit cake full or fruit, brandy and spices. A perfect treat for the festive season. This recipe will allow you make two fruit cakes, one to eat at home and the other to take when you visit family and friends.
Check out the video on this page to see Sam in action baking this cake.
What you need to make a gluten free Christmas cake
- ½ cup brandy
- ½ cup (125ml) oil of your choice
- 1 packet All Purpose Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 500g mixed dried fruit
- In a bowl combine mixed fruit and brandy to soak overnight, if required add water to just cover the fruit. Leave overnight refrigerated.
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and strain the fruit.
- In a large bowl combine All Purpose cake mix, eggs and oil from the soaked fruit. Mix by hand or with an electric mixer until all ingredients are well combined and mixture is smooth.
- Grease and line two square tins or use mini tins like in the pictures. Spoon the mixture into the cake tins, and set to bake for 60 minutes. Bake for less time if you use several smaller tins. Remove when browning on top and a skewer inserted removes clean.
- Leave cake to cool in the tins.