Hi! I love chocolate and especially chocolate cake.
Recently my mum made a chocolate cake and, after my brother and I had enjoyed a big piece, she asked if we liked it. We both said it was delicious. Mum then told us that it had a tin of beetroot in it, my brother nearly died!
The beetroot makes the cake really moist and you’re adding a vegetable to the cake which has to be a good thing. Its also fun blitzing up the beetroot.
So here is my mum’s chocolate beetroot cake. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
What you will need to make chocolate beetroot cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 x 450g can of whole baby beetroot
- 50g cocoa
- 200g Well and Good Self Raising flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 125g unsalted butter
- 100g dark chocolate
- Heat oven to 180c.
- Drain beetroot and blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Add eggs to the beetroot and blitz until smooth.
- In a saucepan melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Sift flour then mix in with cocoa and sugar.
- Pour chocolate mix into flour mix and combine well.
- Pour mix into your favorite cake tin.
- Place cake in preheated oven for approximately 40-45 minutes. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool ice your cake with your favorite icing, mine is chocolate!