Making a creamy bowl of macaroni and cheese that’s plant-based and gluten free is easy with our Cheesy Mac range. This recipe can be used to make the Traditional Cheddar, Classic Chicken, Smokin’ Bacon, and Wild About Mushroom flavours.
How to Make Cheesy Mac in the Microwave
- 1 sachet cheesy sauce (inside pack)
- 1 packet of macaroni (inside pack)
- 1¼ cup milk or dairy-free alternative
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 Tbsp dairy-free margarine
- Add milk, water and cheesy sauce to a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir until there are no lumps. Add pasta and margarine, then cover with a microwave-safe lid.
- Cook on high for four minutes, take out and stir then continue to cook for an additional four minutes. Check again and cook further as required.
Prefer to cook on the stove top?
- Add milk, water and margarine to a small pot and bring to boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 9-12 minutes.
- Add the cheesy sauce and whisk to a smooth consistency. Allow standing for 2 minutes before serving.
If you are on a plant-based diet then use coconut milk or a preferred substitute.