These gluten free banana pancakes are fluffy and light and they look spectaular in a stack, topped with your favorite toppings. We’ve provided a vegan friendly recipe but you can easily replace the rice milk with a dairy based milk if you prefer.
This recipe used wholesome flour which adds a bit more protein and fiber to the pancakes. Plain gluten free flour will also work fine in this recipe if you don’t have any wholesome flour in the cupboard.
- 1 cup of Well and Good wholesome flour
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of brown rice milk
- 1 tsp of coconut oil (for the pan)
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Then add in the wet ingredients and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and add 1 tsp of coconut oil. Once the pan is hot, add half of the pancake mixture to the pan, spreading it out into a circular pancake shape. Flip and brown lightly on both sides. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Top with coconut yoghurt and fresh berries (or any toppings of your choice).