This recipe takes the Well and Good mud cake mix to a new level by adding dark chocolate and cherries. A sour cherry brownie is a yummy treat for school, the office or home. If you can get your hands on fresh cherries and reduce them in a saucepan with a little sugar and water you’ll have an amazing brownie; alternatively, go for a quicker option and just buy a jar of cherries from your local supermarket.
Video showing how to make this cherry brownie.
- Well and Good chocolate mud cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 100g butter or margarine
- 150g dark chocolate
- Whipped cream
- 1/4 cup cherry juice (out of cherry jar)
- 1/2 cup cherries
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
- Microwave butter and chocolate until melted (high for 60-90seconds). Mix until butter and chocolate are well combined.
- Add eggs and stir until combined
- Add mud cake mix and cherry juice until combined.
- Fold in cherries.
- Line a 20cm square cake pan.
- Pour mixture into tray.
- Add a sprinkle of desiccated coconut on top.
- Preheat oven to 175°C (160°C fan forced)
- Set to bake for 35-40min