Create the perfect gluten free pizza dough that tastes as good as traditional pizza dough. This dough can be used for a thin crust or thick crust pizza.
What you need for this gluten free pizza dough
- 1 packet (400g) Crusty Bread Mix.
- 2 tbsp. oil (your choice)
- 1 ¾ cups (440ml) of warm water
- 1 (10g) sachet yeast
- 1 (50g) dusting flour
- Preheat your oven to 240°C (225°C fan forced)
- In large bowl combine water and yeast and stir to dissolve, add in the oil and the crusty bread and mix with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are well combined, leave the dough to prove for 15 minutes.
- Dust your bench with flour provided, and turn your dough onto the floured surface lightly coat your hands with oil and gently knead the dough until elastic (1-2min)
- Cut the dough into 4 equal discs, Roll out the discs to about 20cm in diameter.
- Place bases on prepared baking tray, brush with water to prevent cracking.
- For a thick crust prove for 15 minutes covered with a damp tea towel. For thin crust do not prove.
- Add your favourite toppings and set to bake for 12 – 15 minutes.