This is a very simple recipe to bake fresh gluten free pita bread.
What you need for gluten free pita bread
- 1 packet (400g) Crusty Bread Mix.
- 2 tbsp. oil (your choice)
- 1 ¾ cups (440ml) of warm water
- 1 (10g) sachet yeast
- 1 (50g) dusting flour
- Preheat your oven to 260°C (245°C fan forced)
- In large bowl combine water and yeast and stir to dissolve, add in the oil and the crusty bread and mix with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are well combined, leave the dough to prove for 15 minutes.
- Dust your bench with flour provided, and turn your dough onto the floured surface lightly coat your hands with oil and gently knead the dough until elastic (1-2min)
- Cut the dough into 8 equal discs, Roll out the discs to about 12cm thick.
- Place pitas on prepared baking tray, brush with water to prevent cracking and prove for 20-25 minutes covered with a damp tea towel.
- Brush surface with oil and set to bake for 7 – 9 minutes.
- Tip: Before baking brush dough with oil for a glossy finish; Using Olive Oil will make a darker product.