Gluten free cornish pasties are a wonderful snack that kids and adults can’t seem to get enough of. Fill them with vegetables for some added goodness and add to the kids lunch box for a change from sandwiches.
What you need to make gluten free cornish pasties
- 2 ½ Cups (400g) Gluten Free Pastry Flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (100g) Margarine
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- Extra Flour for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (fan forced)
- In a large bowl combine margarine, water and Pastry flour. Mix by hand to form an elastic dough.
- Dust your bench, divide the dough into 6 or 8 discs and roll out each one, place your favourite vegetable/ meat filling in the centre of each disc.
- Bring both edges together to meet in the centre and crimp with your fingers to seal the dough.
- Set to Bake for 20-22 minutes
For Pies lay your rolled out pastry across a pie tin, then press to mould, add desired fillings, top and bake for 19-24 minutes
For Tarts or Quiches lay your rolled out pastry across flan or pie tin, then press to mould into shape. blind bake for 12-14 minutes.