A very simple recipe that allows you to bake a gluten free date cake that’s moist, airy and full of yummy dates.
What you need to make gluten free date cake
- 1 packet (450g) All Purpose Cake Mix.
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) of oil
- ½ cup (125ml) of water
- 200g pitted dates
Soak 200g of pitted dates in half a cup of boiling water and let it stand for 20min,
Strain well and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (160°C fan forced)
- Grease a 23cm x 7cm round cake tin.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, water, eggs, oil and dates, mix well until all ingredients are smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and set to bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Rest for 5 minutes in the cake tin, place on a wire rack till cool.