Choc chip cookies are a real crowd pleaser. I’m not talking about those ones bought at the supermarket. I mean the homemade ones filled with delicious dark choc chips – they’re soft in the middle and crispy on the outside and one is usually not enough.
There are dozens of recipes that create amazing choc chip cookies. But most of these are not gluten free. What we offer in this recipe is a gluten free chocolate chip cookie that’s as good, if not better, than traditional cookies.
- 2 cups (250g) GF plain flour
- 150g coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125g margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 200g choc chips
- Extra flour for coating if required
- Preheat your oven to 190°C (170°C Fan-Forced) Grease or line 2 flat baking trays.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, margarine and water and mix with your hands until ingredients come together, add choc chips and continue to mix by hand to form a soft dough.
- Spoon small balls of dough onto the baking paper and set to bake for 17-21 minutes.
- Cool in the tray for 5 minutes and enjoy!