Nothing beats a fresh, warm baguette straight out the oven. Bake your own rolls the easy way with this gluten free baguette recipe and our crusty bread mix.
What you need for this gluten free baguette recipe
- 1 packet (400g) Crusty Bread Mix
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) oil (your choice)
- 1 ¾ cups (440ml) of warm water
- Sachet of dry yeast (included in box). If your box contains two sachets use both.
- 1 (50g) dusting flour
- Preheat your oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced)
- In large bowl combine water, yeast, oil and stir to dissolve, add crusty bread, mix with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds then on Med – High speed for additional 4 ½ minutes.
- Dust your bench with flour provided, and turn your dough onto the floured surface, lightly dip spatula in oil to scrap out any dough in the bowl.
- Lightly coat your hands with oil and gently knead dough until elastic (1-2 min).
- Cut the dough into half and roll out two medium baguettes.
- Place baguettes on prepared baking tray, brush with water to prevent cracking and prove for 30-45 minutes covered with a damp tea towel.
- Brush surface with oil and set to bake for 28-34 minutes.
For Hand Mix Method, increase the warm water to 2cups (500ml).
And replace step 2. of method with following: In large bowl combine water and yeast and stir to dissolve, add in the oil and the crusty bread and mix with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are well combined, leave the dough to prove for 10 minutes.