Angel Cakes are always a birthday favourite at our place.
We have also made this recipe very successfully with the Well and Good Sponge mix.
What you need to bake Gluten Free Angel Cakes
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 100g Well and Good Gluten free self raising flour
- ¼ cup of icing sugar for dusting
- 1 jar of Strawberry or raspberry jam
- 100ml of double thickened cream
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Grease muffin tins.
- Cream the butter sugar until light in colour and slowly add the vanilla essence.
- Gradually add the eggs.
- Then using a spatula, fold in the flour.
- Pour the mixture in to the muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked place them on to a wire rack to leave to cool.
- While waiting for cakes to cool whip cream to a thick consistency.
- Slice the muffins in half.
- Spread jam on one half and cream on the other, sandwich them together and repeat.
- Dust them with the icing sugar.