A delicious chocolate cupcake that only gets better when you add our creamy choc mousse to the top. This is a yummy indulgent snack that will be popular with all ages.
Ingredients: Sugar, rice flour, tapioca starch, cocoa powder, maltodexrin, non aluminium raising agents (calcium phosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate), thickeners (non gmo modified tapioca starch, xanthan gum), vegetable emulsifiers (polyglycerol esters of fatty acids, mono and diglycerides of fatty acids), iodised sea salt, natural chocolate flavour, psyllium husk.
Mousse: Sugar, maize or tapioca starch, alkalised cocoa powder.
Choc Mousse Cup Cakes
What you need to make choc mousse cup cakes
- 375g choc mousse cup cake mix
- 75g mousse topping mix
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 300ml thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 185 degrees (175 C fan forced). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with patty pans.
- In a large bowl, beat cup cake mix, eggs, water and oil with electric mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Stick your creation in the oven for 16-20 minutes. Once baked place the cup cakes on a wire rack and let them cool completely.
- To make mousse topping, whip cream with electric mixer on high speed for about 2 minutes or until peaks form. Fold in the mousse mix and beat on low speed for another 30 seconds. Use a piping bag to top your cup cakes with choc mousse and decorate like a diva.
- Simply replace 3 eggs with 3 Tbsp ground flaxseed, soaked in 9 Tbsp of water.
- A tin of well chilled coconut cream is a perfect substitute for cream; just scoop out cold coconut cream separating it from coconut liquid and whip. The mousse should be chilled before topping.